According to We Are Social and Hootsuite’s Global Digital 2019 reports, there over 4 billion internet users across the globe. These are people who use the internet to look for ways on how to solve a problem, connect with their family and friends, attract and retain customers, as well as get informed and entertained.
That said, it is important to take advantage of the benefits that digital marketing can provide for your business in order to grow and succeed.
Here are five digital marketing techniques that you can use to boost your brand’s growth:
1. Email Marketing
You might have heard from someone or somewhere that email marketing is dead. However, the 2018 DMA Marketer Email Tracker shows otherwise.
According to the report, you can expect an average return on investment of $32 for every $1 you spend on email marketing. But in order for you to achieve that strong ROI, you need a well-thought-out email marketing strategy.
- Segment your subscribers. People who subscribe to your email newsletter through your blog have different needs compared to those who subscribed to you to receive product restock updates.
- Test your subject lines. The right character count for an email subject remains debatable. However, the majority of digital marketing professionals agree that it should be catchy in order to compel your readers to read your email.
- Make it personal. Aside from segmentation, it is important to take the time to understand how your audience interacts on your website. Did they included a product on their online cart but left before making a purchase? Then you can send them an email reminder to pursue the purchase. Just remember to not fake familiarity as it can make your email recipient wary.
- Do not forget the CTA. It is important for your subscribers to know what to do next after reading their email. Thus, always include a concise and action-driven call-to-action on your every email.
- Always be testing. If you are sending out too many emails and not seeing any conversions, it is high time to conduct an A/B test for your campaign. Which subject line drives the most open rate? Which CTA generates more site visits and conversions? How often should you send an email? That way, you can calculate how much you need to spend in order to achieve your desired ROI.
2. Social Media Marketing
What started out as just a tool to connect with friends and family has changed the way businesses connect with their customers in recent years.
In fact, the 2019 Social Media Examiner report revealed that 93% of marketers indicated that social media increased their brand’s exposure online. This is followed by an increase in website traffic (87%) and generated leads (74%).
Let’s say you are a digital marketing company in Delhi, social media marketing allows you to showcase your knowledge in digital marketing. Here are some examples of content that you can share on social media:
- Share blog posts about the benefits of digital marketing for small businesses
- Post infographics with statistics about the small business industry in your country
- Post a video tutorial on how small business owners can conduct their own keyword research
- Invite your followers to attend a free webinar (online seminar)
Meanwhile, you can also run social media ads to promote your business and the services that you offer. That way, you can reach out to your target market without intimidating them.
Got a limited budget? Caitlin Rulien, a former Social Media Producer for Search Engine Journal, advises that you implement the Groundswell POST Method to get the most out of social media.
3. Pay-per-Click Marketing
Shane Barker defines pay-per-click (PPC) marketing as “a method of using search engine advertising to bring visitors to your website.” It is called pay-per-click because you only get to pay a platform such as Google when some clicks on your ads.
This is a cost-effective way of reaching the right type of Internet users to promote your business. And by “right type of Internet users” we mean people who are willing to pay for your products or services.
Using our previous example, you can run a search engine ad targeting keywords like “digital marketing packages.” Doing so gives you a big chance of appearing on search engine results when someone types in such a query on Google.
Search ads is just one example of the PPC marketing method. There is also the following:
- Display Ads: These are banners or image ads that appear on various websites, depending on the relevant audience that you would like to target.
- Social Media Ads: These are image or video ads that you run on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.
- Retargeting PPC Ads: This refers to ads that you run to target people who previously visited your site or interacted on your social media posts. This is possible with the help of Internet users’ browser cookies.
- Affiliate Marketing: This is when you pay another website owner a commission for every sale that he brings to your business.
4. Search Engine Optimization
According to Moz, SEO is “the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.”
Let’s face it, you are probably not the only agency that provides digital marketing services to small businesses in your country ‒ more so in the world! So how can SEO help you stand out from the rest of the competition?
First, you need to conduct keyword research. Doing so allows you to find opportunities for how you can be relevant to your target market. You can also figure out what your competitors are doing through competitive analysis.
From there, you can create and optimize content that (1) your target market will find useful and (2) can reinforce your expertise in digital marketing.
Learning the vital skills of optimizing websites and content for search engines and marketing a website successfully to rank it well can be achieved through SEO and digital marketing courses online.
5. Content Marketing
Regardless if you are into B2B or B2C, content marketing has become integral for businesses in order to remain relevant.
Content can come in various forms like blog, image, video, infographic, e-book, white paper, and more. But whatever content you choose to produce, remember to keep the following in mind:
- It should be created for your target audience specifically
- Make sure it offers something valuable to them
- Make your content readable and easy to consume
- Make sure that it can entice your audience to convert
- Do not forget to optimize and distribute it
In summary, there are various ways on how digital marketing can help your brand thrive. Which one of the techniques we mentioned above would you like to implement now? Let us know in the comments!