We’re opening our doors to more people to help out with buiding a mental health community online. We’re looking for caring and empathetic individuals with superior listening skills to help with replying to comments on our Youtube Channel.
If you’re someone who wants to help others out by providing a listening ear, here’s a guideline to follow:
I took a counselling psychology course in UNI and one of the points suggested was to avoid advice statements. Instead, focus on asking the right questions. Questions leaves room for the client to introspect as well as minimizing resistance from the client to change. Imagine you are facing something really challenging right now, how would you like to be helped? Somebody giving you advice, encouraging words or someone who gets you to think for yourself through questions? Think about the answer to this question and decide what approach you prefer.
Nonetheless, below are examples of how I would personally address comments with questions. And you guys can also emulate what you think best. I measure the success of a comment by the replies that the commenter generates. So if they liked back the comment or reply back, that’s a great sign!
If you’re interested in this task, you can email us at email@example.com to let us know.
Here’s what to submit in your application:
- What are you currently studying?
- What are your future goals?
- What are your three favorite quotes and why?
- Tell us a time where you face some emotional life stressors or challenges and how did you deal with them?
- What did you take away from that experience in terms of growth?
- What do you hope to get out from this task (reference letter? pay? or just job titles for other work applications?)
- Are you able to put in 30 minutes a day to actively engage comment for a minimum of 3 days a week?
- Are you able to put together a report at the end of each week to let the team know what the common concerns and problems were?
Great! Email us above with the email title: Community Engagement
This is on a rolling basis and you will work along side two amazing individuals who will guide you on the process if you ever have questions!