Interested in Animating for Psych2Go? FAQ
Psych2Go focuses on Psychology and Mental Health topics. We are always on the lookout to add new talents to our team.
Do you know how to animate in 2D? Are you someone creative and who understands how to make a compelling storytelling video? You've come to the right place!
How do you apply for the Animator role?
There are 2 ways of applying. You can choose either one that you're comfortable with 🙂
Option 1: Directly Email Our Recruiters for an Interview
When you apply, tell us what you notice as an animator about What Makes This Animation Successful?
Option 2: Fill up the Application Form and We'll Reach Out To Selected Candidates
Here are the FAQ's:
1. Can I apply if I am under 18?
Yes, you can. Many of our animators are in fact under 18. We find that self-taught, and young animators tend to know our audience best. And are much more talented when it comes to YouTube content.
2. Is this a part time or full time position?
You are working as a freelancer or independent contractor meaning you are running your own company. For Psych2go, we pay by the projects. Rates are determined based on the quality of your work and the experiences you previously had.
3. Are there incentives for working for psych2Go?
Well, you are working from home which is already something not a lot of jobs can offer, especially after covid is over. You get to work within your own schedule.
Your pay is based on a flat rate + a bonus on the performance of your videos and feedbacks you get such as positive comments left on your videos about how much they love your artwork. You also get lots of projects from us over other animators on our team if your work is consistently good.
If you want to work full time, it's highly possible to get a full time paid salary, but that's up to you. The more projects you take on, the more pay you get.
4. When can I start and can I quit anytime?
Yes! Once you passed the first few initial tests, you will be given a full project. And you can quit anytime or renegotiate your rate after a certain period with us.
5. What are the requirements to be our animator?
- Clean Line Artwork
- Understands Colour Theory
- Able to Emulate to Our Style
- Animate Compelling Visual Storytelling
- Creative Thumbnail Designs that Stands Out
- Not afraid to animate Psychology and Mental Health topics (some topics can be sensitive, but find creative ways to tell the story)
- Animation flow is natural with VoiceOver
- Able to Turnaround in 1-2 Weeks
6. Here's Our Process on What to Expect From Us:
We might not able to reply to everyone and appreciate all of your time and submissions. The selected candidates will be reached out. We may hold some applicants for a future project. If you're interested to be reached out, check off the box at the bottom.
STAGE 1: We will screen all applicants based on the answers to the application form.
STAGE 2: Selected candidates will be reached out too. We will ask them to work on a 1-Min Animation Sample (non-paid).
STAGE 3: Candidate will work on 1 Full Animation Project (paid)
7. Who will be managing you?
Cindy, our YouTube Manager! She's in charge of managing all our animators on our YouTube channel at the moment!
8. Who do I email if you have questions about the role?
email@example.com [YouTube Manager]