Before moving forward in the article, let us get into details about Candida. Many people out there are not aware of the fact of what Candida is? Candida is nothing but one of the most common funguses or rather a form of yeastfound in a human body. More than 150 known candida species reside in various body areas in an average human body, such as the mouth, skin, digestive tract, rectum, toenails, and vagina. Candida helps in digestion and nutrient absorption in the body.
When does Candida overgrow?
Candida is harmless but can lead to infection when there is an overgrowth. Overgrowth is generally referred to as the overgrowth of Candida albicans in the gut. Candida overgrowth can lead to various health problems. The reasons why Candida overgrows are:
- Excessive alcohol consumption is harmful for your immune system of the body.
- High carbohydrate diets can also be a reason behind Candida overgrowth.
- Several medications form the environment for Candida to flourish.
- Chronic stress weakens your immune system and shuts down the digestive system. It can lead to Candida overgrowth.
- Fermented foods also activate Candida infections in the body.
Candida’s other factors to get out of control are oral contraceptives, diabetes, and a high-stress lifestyle.
Some of the common symptoms noticed due to the excessive growth of Candida are as follows:
- Fatigue, anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- Eczema, psoriasis, rashes, and hives.
- Poor memory, lack of focus/concentration, and brain fog.
- Bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Skin and nail fungal infections that include toenail fungus, ringworm, and athlete’s foot.
- Vaginal infections and vaginal itching in women.
- Strong sugar cravings.
Candida Diet tips for women
- What to eat?
If a woman notices yeast or candida infection in her body, the first thing that she should do is visit her doctor. Also, she needs to bring several food and dietary changes. Some of them are discussed below.
- A diet that is rich in proteins. She must eat lots of chicken, eggs, salmon, sardines, and turkey. The items should be completely organic, pasture-raised, and wild-caught varieties.
- Women should include low-sugar fruits such as lemon, berries, and limes in their diet. Although, these should be consumed in small amounts.
- Gluten-free grains always work best for candida overgrowth patients. Millets, buckwheat, oat bran, and quinoa always come to the rescue.
- Cabbage, broccoli, kale, celery, asparagus, eggplant, onion, tomatoes, and other non-starchy vegetables bring maximum benefit in fighting overgrown Candida.
- Healthy fats such as olives, unrefined coconut oil, flax oil, avocado, extra virgin oil, and sesame oil are useful for Candida diets. For example, women having Candida infection in her mouth can regularly use coconut oil as her mouthwash. This process of mouth washing with coconut oil is known as oil pulling. It helps in curbing the oral thrush.
- Stop using sweeteners. Instead, switch to no-sugar sweeteners such as Xylitol, stevia, and erythritol.
- Try having non-caffeinated beverages. Herbal teas, filtered water, homemade almond milk, chicory coffee is always a better option.
Note: 81% of people love to find how to cure candida naturally and permanently.
- What not to eat?
Candida diet is a rigorous diet. It involves eliminating sugar, alcohol, gluten, and even dairy products from the diet. Some foods must be avoided as they promote candida overgrowth.
- Avoid Condiments such as Ketchup, soy sauce, mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, and white vinegar.
- Avoid dairy products like milk, cream, and cheese.
- Say no to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and other sugary beverages.
- Refines oils, fats, high-sugar content fruits, and grains rich in gluten promote candida overgrowth.
Still have the following question, how to get rid of candida? When you try following the diet correctly, you will start noticing the difference in your body. The Candida diet is a nutrient-rich diet that offers several health benefits. It is an anti-inflammatory diet that reduces Candida overgrowth. Before following any diet, it is always advisable to visit your doctor and check which diet works for you.