Nowadays it is observed that health supplements have got huge popularity. In this busy schedule, almost all people now suffer from stress and anxiety. Stress can cause damage to your health as well as increase the risk for obesity, heart disease, and other related diseases. That is the reason why people have started to take the help of an adaptogen that helps them to release their stress.
Five Adaptogens that helps you to release stress
The following adaptogens give your brain a boost and will help you to release the stress:
- Shilajit: Shilajit is one of the most common adaptogens that is highly used for lessening the level of stress. Shilajit is highly beneficial for treating anemia and depression as it contains a great iron supplement it can increase the level f hemoglobin in the blood. Since it is an ayurvedic medicine it has less side effect and high positive effect on the overall health and well-beings. If you want to know more about Shilajit you should check the link https://www.purehimalayanshilajit.com/himalayan-vs-altai-shilajit/
What should be its dose: You should take 250 to 1000 mg or 2 capsules of Shilajit along with water or milk twice a day. You can take it once on empty stomach and other at night before going to bed.
- Ashwagandha: This is one of the most essential herbs which mean “smell of horse”. This type of adaptogen helps you combat damage to your body that is mainly caused by stress. According to research done by the Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, ashwagandha is highly helpful in reducing stress-related diseases. If you take 300 mg of ashwagandha root extract twice a day then it will help you to drop the cortisol level which produces stress hormones in the body. Ashwagandha produces a calming effect and thus it should be taken at bedtime.
What should be its dose: You have to take Ashwagandhaevery day of about 500-600 mg for at least 7-14 weeks for reducing anxiety. Apart from the anxiety, Ashwagandha also helps in improving depression as well as insomnia.
- Holy Basil: This is another most important herb that has highly effective in reducing the level of stress. It is also used to make soup. The best thing about basil leaf is that it does not have any side-effect.
What should be its dose: You have to take holy basil leaf twice a day for 2 months of about 500 mg and you will definitely found that your anxiety, insomnia, and stress level has reduced to a great extent. However, you should not take it on an empty stomach as it cause irritation on your tummy.
- Schisandra: This is also a very essential herb that can promote your health and enhance vitality. This herb is also called five flavor fruit and is an anti-depression herb. Hence, this herb is also beneficial for lowering the level of stress and thereby boosts one’s mood. This herb is highly useful for those who live with a high level of stress and are malnourished.
What should be its dose: You have to take about 1.5 to 6 grams per day. The good thing is that you can take any time you like during the day.
- Ginseng: This is another most popularadaptogenic herb that has a huge anti-depression effect. It will help you to enhance physical as well as mental performance. Apart from that, it can also help you to enhance your mood. It can also enhance your memory and reaction time. You can take it even if you have a dry cough as well.
What should be its dose: You should take it daily in a moderate dose and you will get the result after third months. But it is advisable to take it in the daytime since it is slightly stimulating.
- Rhodiola: Last but not the list this is another most essential adaptogenic herb and people in China, Russia, and Scandinavian country mainly use it for treating anxiety, fatigue, depression, etc. This herb is also called arctic root which not only supports the nervous system, immunity, and energy level but can also strengthen the body’s response to physical stressors such as excessive exercise. Apart from that, it also provides relief from psychological stressors such as fatigue and depression.
What should be its dose: You should take it on the empty stomach. But since it has a slightly stimulating effect it is better to avoid taking it before bedtime. You should take a dose of 200 to 600 mg per day. The good thing is that you can take it in several dosages. But it has a slight drying effect and hence if you have dry skin or are suffering from dry cough then it is better not to take it rather you can take a moistening adaptogen such as Ginseng.