Hey there, Psych2Goers! Before we begin, we would like to make a disclaimer that this video is based on the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory, which is just a theory and has personality types that are just rough tendencies rather than strict classifications. With that being said, let’s start this article!
Have you ever gotten back the results ENFJ in your Myers-Briggs test? Ever wonder what it means?
For those unfamiliar, this acronym is one of the sixteen MBTI types, also known as the Myers-Briggs type indicators. These categories are classified into combinations of Introversion/Extraversion, Sensing/Intuition, Thinking/Feeling, and Judging/Perceiving.
The ENFJ personality type consists of only 2.2% of the population and is the second-rarest behind the INFJ. Despite their rarity, their natural-born charisma and people-oriented nature make these types one you can easily spot in a crowd. Also called the “Protagonist”, “Mentor”, and “Giver”, their altruism and purpose-driven nature make these types follow paths with meaning and influence like teachers, coaches, and mentor figures. Does that sound like you?
Let’s take a look at six signs to show that you are an INFJ!
1) You are affectionate and love getting along with just about anybody.
Do you have a heart for just about anyone?
As an ENFJ, people of all walks of life fascinate you – no matter what their personality type is! You show great concern towards anybody and everybody, and you enjoy seeing and figuring out how people interact and connect. You affectionately love others and desire harmony above all else.
2) You try to find the deeper meaning of things.
Do you prefer exploring other people’s minds over physical places?
While you enjoy chatting with your friends about anything fun and light-hearted, you also enjoy delving into deeper topics. You possess an intuition that you use not just for yourself but others too, allowing you to predict outcomes that are usually hinged on benefiting the community around you. (Personality Growth, 2019)
3) You have an innate ability to inspire others.
Do you have an uncanny ability to attract other people?
You’re an incredibly driven individual who has an inspirational air around them that draws in all sorts of people. It’s a good thing that an ENFJ is so passionate and people-oriented too. Their go-getting nature pairs well with their desire to uplift others around them and the broader community, making them great leader figures to inspire change.
4) You are altruistic and selfless.
Are you someone who would step up for the people you love?
An ENFJ firmly believes that they are meant to do good in the world. As an ENFJ, your warmth and nurturing nature feel like a loving embrace to the people surrounding you. Although on occasion, some types may find an ENFJ’s altruism a bit too overbearing at times. (Cherry, 2021) More often than not though, an ENFJ is a master at reading the room. As this is the case, they can easily adjust their interaction to what’s best for both parties.
5) Your mannerisms are very expressive and passionate.
Do you always have an underlying reason for what you do?
Unlike their introverted counterparts who have a more subdued and mellow expression, ENFJs express themselves intensely and don’t fail in telling the world what they believe in. As an ENFJ, you have animated mannerisms once the topic falls in line with your passion and advocacy. Whether it’s a trivial topic like toppings on pizza or something more, your charisma steals the show.
6) You hate letting people down.
Are you someone who can’t stand disappointing others?
ENFJs are at home when other people around them are enjoying themselves. Once an ENFJ realizes that their actions have directly caused someone’s distress, they take it personally at times and share the same pain. As an ENFJ, you dislike being a letdown to others and would vastly prefer it if everyone else is the happiest in the room. Harmony is very important to an ENFJ.
Do you share any of the traits listed above? Do you cross everything off the list? Do you know anyone who has the ENFJ personality type in your life? Let us know in the comments below!
We hope you have learned more about the second rarest MBTI personality type – the charismatic, warm, and people-loving ENFJs!
That’s all for now, Psych2Goers!
- Personality Theory. July 5, 2018. 35 Signs You Are an ENFJ Personality. Retrieved at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-o67OYfmQ&feature=share&ab_channel=PersonalityTheory
- 16personalities. ENFJ Personality Type. Retrieved at https://www.16personalities.com/enfj-personality
- Storm, Susan. (June 29, 2020). 24 Signs That You’re an ENFJ Personality Type. Retrieved at https://www.psychologyjunkie.com/2020/06/29/24-signs-that-youre-an-enfj-the-mentor-personality-type/
- Personality Growth. Oct 1, 2019. ENFJ Intuition: Understanding the ENFJs Sense of Intuition Retrieved at https://personalitygrowth.com/enfj-intuition-understanding-the-enfjs-sense-of-intuition/
- Cherry, Kendra. Feb 16, 2021. ENFJ: The Giver (Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging) Retrieved at https://www.verywellmind.com/enfj-extraverted-intuitive-feeling-judging-2795979
- Personality Growth. Oct 6, 2017. Here’s What Your Passionate Side is Like, Based on Your Personality Type Retrieved at https://personalitygrowth.com/heres-what-your-passionate-side-is-like-based-on-your-personality-type/