Playlist is a term to describe a list of video or audio files that can be played back on a media player sequentially or in random order. In its most general form, an audio playlist is simply a list of songs that can be played in sequential or shuffled order.
That’s the dictionary’s definition, but our definition of it is much more than a “list of songs”. A playlist is our own life’s soundtrack, messages that tell us we’re the only ones feeling that way, a balm in the form of beautiful symphonies that we’ve learned to put an order to. Because we know when a song is sad, or happy or just depressing…
We know when a song fits our mood, and in a way it makes us feel better for the simple reason that is producing a response we alone might not have been able to let flow. In other words:
Sad melodies make crying easier. And happy ones crack a smile in our faces. That’s the idea! But our emotions cover a wider range of moods -we’re not just sad or just happy- In fact, feelings tend to mix themselves giving a lot of different types of moods, 27 to be exact.
So we empower our emotions with music, tough it is not the only thing it can do. Playlists can also help to set a certain mood. I want to feel ready to face my morning but I’m kinda sad. A powerful list of songs will totally help me induce that feeling of “nothing can put me down, I’m ready!”
Hope the PLAYLISTS I’ve collected will help you keep composing the soundtrack of your lives. Enjoy the music!
- Everything will be okay: in one way or another, that everything will be OK. Smile and remember that whatever is going on, it too shall pass.
- Sad Songs That Will Actually Make You Feel Better: wallowing in sad songs can actually elicit positive feelings of “transcendence, peacefulness, and nostalgia”.
- Pissed-Off Playlist: listening to angry music actually is a way to let off steam and channel feelings in a positive way. Let’s channel the rage.
- Ultimate Breakup Playlist: whether you’re wallowing in tears because you got blindsided or giving out high fives for finally letting go of the jerk, one thing’s for sure: music makes it all better.
- Get Pumped For Work: sometimes pulling yourself out of bed in the morning can be a real drag. Make the morning commute a little more bearable with some inspiring tunes.
- 48 Songs to Help Soothe Your Anxiety: a playlist of songs that can combat feelings of anxiety and hopefully will help bring you to a better mental space.
- Songs to Help You Sleep: when you’re lying in bed and caught on an endless train of thoughts, music is the best remedy to put you out.
- Fierce, Empowering Songs: a selection of songs that praise individuality, strength, and being beautiful no freakin’ matter what.
- Good Vibes Only: there is no better mood booster than a day of sun, especially when you’re totally sick of the pouring rain and blustery wind.
- Relieve your Stress: go ahead, press play and start relaxing!
- Hopeful Love Songs: don’t lose hope, love may be around the corner.
- Falling in Love
- Playlist For a Rainy Day: a playlist that perfectly captures that rainy-day mood.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!